If you haven’t already visited us for our buffet, you’re missing out. The menu depends on the number of people booked, being that it will include a larger selection the bigger the group(s) expected. The buffet is based on our regular menu, and includes a selection of:
- Zimbabwean traditional food favorites – such as sadza, oxtail stew, muriwo, nyama, piri piri giblets, etc
- A selection of rice – such as steamed white, fried rice, yellow rice, jollof rice, vegetable rice
- A selection of curries – such as hot lamb curry, beef curry, mild chicken curry, oxtail curry, curried goat
- A selection of sides – such as spinach with tomato, spinach with peanut butter, stewed beans, boerewors
- Vegetarian options – such as vegetable curry, chickpea curry, okra stew (derere)
- A selection of salads – such as coleslaw, green salad, potato salad, Mediterranean bean salad
- A selection of desserts – such as banoffee pie, chocolate mouse, fresh fruit platter, cake slices, puddings, ice cream, malva pudding, milk tart and/or koeksisters
Check out our social media to see pics of previous group bookings for the buffet. We can offer some flexibility (within reason) regarding the menu available on the day, so let us know if there’s something particular from the menu that you absolutely must have and we will do our best to have it available.
And if you want a small tipple, you are welcome to BYO for a small corkage fee.
Small groups booking the buffet
Tables must be pre-booked and if you’re looking to come along on any given day the buffet is subject to a minimum of 10 people booked (whether its one group, or mixed groups). Bookings are available Wednesday to Sunday and must be booked and confirmed a minimum of 48 hours in advance. The menu will be discussed when your booking is confirmed.
Join our monthly buffet
If you don’t have a group of 10 then you might prefer to join us on our monthly buffet evening instead. We will next hold a buffet evening on the following dates:
- Saturday 30th September, arrive at 6:30 pm, service from 6:45 pm
- Saturday 28th October, arrive at 6:30 pm, service from 6:45 pm
The buffet must be booked and paid for in advance, and there will be no refunds given if you are unable to attend for any reason – simply because it will have cost us to prepare it all, as I’m sure you understand. Please be sure BEFORE you book. Corkage is $5 per bottle/6 pack that is held in hand, and eskies cost $25. This is charged upon entry.